At Philips, we understand that every second you spend in the operating room (OR) has to be put to good use, especially during vascular procedures. That is why efficiency and ease of use are core values of our design and R&D philosophy. Here are some of the surgical imaging innovations our mobile C-arms offer to help surgeons and technicians increase vascular surgery efficiency before, during and after procedures.
1. Fast centering To make it easier to quickly position the C-arm using the least possible radiation, the laser alignment tool shows the center of the X-ray beam as a cross on the patient.
2. Single person control To help reduce time spent waiting for a second person to perform imaging functions, our mobile C-arms allow one person to control relevant imaging functions, such as Subtraction, Trace or Roadmap with a footswitch and remote control.
3. Uninterrupted imaging Long procedures can put a strain on X-ray generators, which can slow down or stop fluoroscopy. Our High Power Pulsed Exposure visualizes fast moving anatomy with outstanding image quality for a virtually unlimited amount of time, giving you the peace of mind of having imaging available as you need it during a procedure.
4. Fast repositioning
Many mobile surgical imaging systems are not made to be moved during a procedure without having to re-start them which can delay work by 5 or 10 minutes. Our C-arm systems are designed to be quickly moved to the other side of the table without having to be shut down and re-booted to keep the procedure moving.
The feature that I liked the best I think is probably Position Memory. To be able to take a lot of the guesswork out of it and just go right back to where the machine remembers it was based on my storage is a huge time saver.”
Kerry Vault, Program Director Surgical Training Institute, Denver, CO, USA
5. Roadmap shortcut Roadmap images are widely used during vascular procedures, but you can lose precious minutes waiting for the entire image to form on screen. We have created a shortcut that creates a fast Roadmap image by doing Subtraction in Trace mode. It visualizes the entire vessel faster than normal Subtraction mode.
6. Efficient CO2 imaging Injecting CO2 contrast when examining patients who have an iodine allergy or renal failure can take several minutes during an exam. With our CO2 software option, you can enhance visualization of abdominal vascular structures, avoiding the time needed to optimize image quality during such procedures.
7. Straightforward positioning It’s not always easy for an operator to understand where the C-arm needs to be moved because they are standing in a different position in the room. Our mobile c-arm, Veradius Unity, offers ClearGuide, which provides a uniform set of reference numbers for both physician and operator to simplify positioning. We also offer a second monitor option on the stand* which displays the clinical image to the operator to support fast and easy positioning.
8. Quick image swap Having to search through previous runs for a mask image takes time. With our mobile C-arms, you can simply park the mask image for the Roadmap on the right monitor for quick recall to the live monitor if another Roadmap is needed after fluoroscopy.
9. Parallel working Being able to do two things at once can help you reduce delays during surgery. Our Mobile View Station (MVS) works independently from the C-arm so you can move it to the OR and enter patient data or get a worklist from RIS, while the C-arm is being used in another procedure.
10. Fast boot-up Many conventional mobile imaging systems can take up to 5 minutes to start- up which can waste vital time during unplanned procedures or emergency cases. Our mobile C-arms are designed for fast operation. They boot-up in less than 70 seconds and are ready to go. Plus, you can add patient data later when it is convenient.
These are just a few of the many ways that Philips mobile C-arms are designed to increase vascular surgery efficiency. Find out more here.
Get in touch with us
To learn more about our portfolio of mobile c-arms
The Azurion Hybrid OR opens the door to new procedures, in an environment designed to support you in performing a wide range of open and minimally invasive treatments. The solution gives your medical teams outstanding flexibility, efficiency and ease of use. Work with confidence, supported by market-leading 2D and 3D image guidance, stringent infection control and dose management measures. The Azurion Hybrid OR solutions enable your facility to be at the forefront of clinical excellence, while helping you reduce the cost of care.
Confidently perform general surgeries and complex vascular procedures with this versatile all-round imaging system. The BV Endura enables quick positioning, easy patient access, and superb quality images to enhance workflow and decision making.
From pacemaker and biventricular implants to bypass checks and AAA repair, the BV Pulsera mobile fluoroscopy system has high image quality and power you need. It provides critical insight into complex vasculature, dense anatomy, and obese patients.
When setting pedicle screws, a stent graft, or inserting a pacemaker lead, your X-ray system provides images to support confident decision making. We have re-defined teamwork during surgical imaging so you can experience a new level of efficiency in surgical procedures.
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.